Swiss Precision Since 1961
The Adjustable Chamfering Tool
- Controlled chamfers over a range of adjustments
- Chamfering thickness can be infinitely adjusted directly on the tool, depending on the bore dimension
- No reversing the spindle or indexing the work piece saves cycle time
- Front and back or only back chamfering of bores in hard-to-machine or highly burr-forming materials
- Ideal for Inconel and other exotic materials
- Dual cutting system for machining bores with longitudinal grooves, cross-bores and open bores with discontinuous cut
- Exchangeable carbide blade with material-specific coating
- Blade geometry has a sliding surface that allows cutting chamfers without damage to the bore surface or of the thread during penetration
- Widely used by the world's leading aerospace manufacturers
In Stock & Available in sizes from 4 mm to 36.2 mm (0.157" to 1.425")
How Do I Order DEFA?
1.To select the correct tool you must know the hole size and chamfer size required. Cutting blade options also include front & back cutting and back only cutting.
2. Use the minimum hole column in the DEFA catalog to choose the tool holder best matching your drill hole size. Check to make sure the chamfer diameter requirement does not exceed the maximum chamfer.
3. Calculate the ØD2 (over the blade) diameter (ØD2 = ØD + .080”) and add this dimension as a suffix to the order number.
4. Add “p” to the order number if you need the tool with an End Plug. Leave blank for tool with straight shank.
For more assistance, see our online Tool Selector.